Friday, July 24, 2009

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie...

I just woke up from a much-needed nap. It was glorious. Better yet, I realized when I awoke, that I had been doing a crossword puzzle in my dream. Well... I don't know if I would call it dreaming, because all I was doing was a crossword puzzle. I can't remember any of the clues, but I do remember that I felt extremely proud of myself for getting the last answer. "ZECTOR"

In my mind it was the Phonetic Alphabet term for the letter Z. But when I woke up I realized there is no such word as Zector. And in my sleepy state of mind, I thought, "Oh, that's funny, I confused it with the term for H, which is HECTOR!"

Nope, wrong again. H is HOTEL.

Perhaps it was a three-letter mix-up, because V is VICTOR? I don't really know.

Well anyways, I still feel that the answer was right in my dream, and I'm still proud I got it!

Here is the entire list, for your enjoyment. Maybe it will inspire an impromptu game of cops and robbers, or truck drivers...?

A .......... ALPHA N .......... NOVEMBER
B .......... BRAVO O .......... OSCAR
C .......... CHARLIE P .......... PAPA
D .......... DELTA Q .......... QUEBEC
E .......... ECHO R .......... ROMEO
F .......... FOXTROT S .......... SIERRA
G .......... GOLF T .......... TANGO
H .......... HOTEL U .......... UNIFORM
I .......... INDIA V .......... VICTOR
J .......... JULIET W .......... WHISKY
K .......... KILO X .......... X-RAY
L .......... LIMA Y .......... YANKEE
M .......... MIKE Z .......... ZULU

3 comments:

  1. I do puzzles in my dreams too. But mostly I play spider solitaire, which is really nice because anytime I want a card to be there, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That used to happen with me and tetris. Any piece I needed would be there and fit just perfectly! I could play for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post, but I just remembered that you have a blog and decided to catch up. Anyway, I just wanted to say that my 4 year old nephew knows the military alphabet. He learned it from a book he got from the library a few months ago. He's awesome. *braaaag*

    ReplyDelete