Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"It's Dumbo!"


I bought some headphones on amazon yesterday. I wanted some that I could actually wear running without them falling out every 6 seconds. So, I looked around and read a lot of reviews from buyers... but how can you really know which reviewers you will agree with in the end? There are so many conflicting opinions!

Here are a few excerpts:

"They're very light and reasonably comfortable for something that's sticking just into your ear." "It needs to be mentioned that, with music playing all up in your eardrums, these things do a startling job at blocking out other noises, so be careful not to jog into a moving van or anything. Safety first!" "When I put these on, they make my ears hurt after only ten to fifteen minutes. " "These headphones are all right, but are not meant for people with small ears." "The real problem with these headphones is that they're seemingly programmed to break down after 90 days." "So I have funny shaped ears. They are kind of elfish so, needless to say, my ears don't take very well to ANY headphones unless they go on the outside of the ear. I can't wear earbuds at all. But these badboys are amazing."
Some LOVED these headphones, other HATED them... what was I to do? I bought them. We'll see, they were cheap at any rate.

But I've found myself pondering if I have small or big or medium sized ears and how that will affect the way these headphones fit me. If they fit me well, does that mean that I have man ears? Wouldn't it be cool if people had ear sizes and we could shop for headphones in our size... just like shoes and pants?

I wonder if I would be a size 3 1/2 like my sister Genuine...

And I hope i don't run into a moving van... Was that reviewer cautioning from experience?

1 comment:

  1. they say your ring size is supposed to be your shoe size so maybe its the same with ears.

    ReplyDelete